Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

Would anyone like to see new Tintin adventures published? How would this be approached? A modern Tintin?

Would Tintin deal with real world issues, with modern settings?

I know herge's dead. I envisage someone capturing his style (circa The Calculus Affair), and then creating new stories with the support of the Herge Foundation.

Favorite Answer

As I said - it's not going to happen soon, but several Belgian artists started when they were young with Herge and have been trained under him - so it's plausible that, if the Herge Foundation wants it, someone works on Tintin with a style close to Herge's.

Lucky Luke, which is another Belgian (or French?) character, did not getr any new adventures since the death of his creator - yet people with the rights to the franchise tapped new artists to create new adventures and from what I heard it worked pretty well. So I hope someone does the same with Tintin.

There are many new subjects that Tintin could explore!

It'd be great if someone could pull it off, but Herge's dead. I mean what would you really want to change?

I looked at some of the Tintin books and I find them dated.

only if hergé rose from the grave, with new ideas, and a working drawing arm.