Why does my comp shut down a few minutes after windows?????

I just built a new gaming rig, and I am wondering why this happends..

So I play games for a few hours on it, no problem, it keeps cool and everything, but when I go to shut it off for the night, windows shuts down pretty quickly, but my comp stays on, the fans are all still running, is it trying to cool down before it shuts off? It will stay on for about a minute or two after windows shuts off. Sometimes less, sometimes more, depending on how long it was on.

So is this just a cool down phase or what?

Favorite Answer

cvxcvdvxgf

has it always done this? if not then you may have a problem-or the monitor actualy just shuts down faster then the pc. if it runs ok then should be no worries.

do this:

run a defrag

after that then if you have the os disk-run a sfc(system file check)

u do this by going to the dos prompt and typing in sfc /scannow

make sure the os disk is in the cd tray.

after that run a series of virus checks and bot checks-antivirus i hope you have allready,udate and run it.use yahoo toolbar to run the bot check and also download defefnder from microsoft those two work well together.

that should fix any system errors and should be done once every 8 weeks. bot check with yahoo daily.

take care

The MadDmaNn

Why, You Ask? It's not a Mac. Ok, seriously you should turn down your graphics settings a bit and be sure to close all your applications while gaming. Also, turn off your computer a few times a day. PC's get very hot and in fact the fans are trying to cool down your PC

I'm no expert in Windows machines, but if it was a totally custom cp, then it could be either a cooling period or some parts need a bit longer to shut down and finalize everything.

"The biggest culprit is a problem unloading the current users profile. " It's not considered as a bug but it can become very annoying... It has nothing to do with your hardware cooling!

Read this:

http://www.intelliadmin.com/blog/2006/07/why-windo...

it could be going into standby, but if its a gaming machine the fans may need to stay on a few minutes after its off, but if it only does it occasionaly im not sure.