tara h asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

seeing my roots?

ok, people help me out, i am 2 weeks pregnant and my roots are out of control, can i still dye my hair? and if so what product?

Favorite Answer

I tried to colour my hair during each of my three pregnancies and it never seemed to work very well. My roots were always visible. Of course my youngest is 27 so hair colour may be better now. Hormonal changes was the explanation for my hair not absorbing the colour. However these days according to my daughter, drs. advise erring on the side of caution and avoiding any chemicals. Hair dye is absorbed through the skin and is systemic(goes through your lymph system to be filtered)therefore probably a good idea to just let it go. Even henna, which is supposed to be a "natural" product is not always pure and can have some chemicals that can cause severe reactions in some people

Yes, you can. It won't harm your hair at all. Use the product you've been using. If I were you I would see a professional stylist to make sure the procedure is done correctly.

Source(s): It's my profession.

Yes you can it wont damage any heath of yours just stay low for a few days and see what happens if its a major prob see a docter or hair sylist. ps doing by ur self works 2

I have heard that dying your hair while pregnant is very dangerous. Do some research on it, and talk to your doctor.

There is nothing unsafe about dying your hair while pregnant. It is an urban myth.

i wouldnt worry about it. just let it go. you can try the John Frida Glaze...it'll slighly change the color as long as you use it repeatadely. I'd give it a try.

ask a hair dresser