jim r asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

Hi, I wash my hair 2 times a day and it just don't seam to stay clean, What can I do?

• Gwen
    Favorite Answer

What are you doing that your hair gets dirty that often? If you wash your hair that often you are stripping out all the natural oils and natural protection that your hair has against damage. Your hair will get extremely dry and damaged if you keep doing it. If you work somewhere that your hair gets dirty so often, wear something over your hair. If you work somewhere that you get very sweaty and your hair gets oily, don't wash your hair before work. Wait until after work to wash your hair, then you will only have to do it once a day.

• sci55

I used to wash my hair at least once a day thinking it would look better. Now I realize that unless I've been working out (or the weather is really hot and humid), my hair looks better if i wash every other day. Try some hair products depending on the look you want. More volume? Hair gel or mousse. Shinier? A leave in conditioner or a shine product like friz-ease.

Finally, consider trying a different haircut. For example, if your hair is really fine and limp it might look better shoulder length or as a bob.

I would go see a trusted stylist, if it is your hair, or a dermatologist if it is a scalp problem. It may be the shampoo you are using, a styling product, if you are using that, or conditioner, if you are using that.. Try a hair stripping shampoo then switch to a different shampoo. You may even just be able to use the stripping shampoo and it will make it better. But, yes, talk to someone who knows what they are doing. Also, make sure that they aren't out for a buck. Some stylists will tell you that you need to buy this and that when it won't do you any good, but that is money in their pocket.

I hope this helps.

You shouldn't wash your hair twice a day. It is NOT good for it. However, you should have several different shampoos and use a different one each time you wash your hair. That will give your hair a "break" from different conditioners, etc. in just one shampoo that may be causing a buildup on your hair. Also, switch off to shampoos without built-in conditioners.

wow these ppl are freaking WEIRD ....see a dermatologist.

talk to a therapist ...see a psychiatrist what kinda crap is that???!!!! ok my hair stylist suggested aussie ...the it's a brand you can get the supermarket it's works for all hair types.My sister takes a bath 3 times a day and BARELY has any hair at all lol I take a shower once every 2 days or so and don't listen to all those ppl...well maby some but not the crazy ones =) chin up

• yup...

You're really not supposed to wash your hair that many times. A health teacher told me about every other day is a good time to wash it or else it could get damaged. Maybe that's why it seems to not be clean. hope it helps!

Don't wear your hats over and over again. Wash your hats and make sure they're clean before you put them back on. Don't touch your hair too much during the day, your hands are full of oils and dirt. Don't forget to shower everyday, especially if you sweat a lot. Hope that helped!

Washing your hair that much can damage it. Try washing it only once a day. You might think it gets dirty, but the more you wash the oil out of your hair, the more your damaging your hair. Hope I helped!

besides the vinegar rinse someone mentioned which helps remove residues, I would suggest rinsing your hair in cooler water. Hot or very warm water also tends to activate oil glands which could contribute to your hair getting oilier sooner.

Are you the only one that thinks your hair is not staying clean? It might seem dirty to you, but not look dirty at all. You can check in with a trusted friend and ask their opinion also. Good luck!

Stop Getting It So Dirty That you Have To Wash It Twice A Day.

OR

See A Psychiatrist Because You May Have OCD.