Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 1 decade ago

I start school tomorrow morning. I am an adult who has been out of the system for 7 years. What should I do?

• sglmom
    Favorite Answer

Just get your school supplies together -- obtain the syllabi for each of your courses -- and do your homework when it is assigned (and do NOT wait until the last minute). Relax -- it will be fine.

Source(s): Retiree going back to College (and I already have Graduate Degrees) -- this time for fun -- and the Grey Hair Set is quite a presence on the local college -- we do this because we want to take courses that were not offered when we were young, and we want to remain active in mind and body.

You have probably already registered for classes in the daytime. many other adults take thier classes at night, you may consider this next term. Take a computer intro class asap if you need one. English classes and many others require a good bit of computer skill. You have an advantage over the younger folk...you are aware that you dont know everything

I KNOW U R NERVOUS. JUST HAVE A SMILE ON YOUR FACE AND SAY HELLO TO PEOPLE IN THE HALL IN A FEW DAYS YOU'LL FIT RIGHT IN. TRY NOT TO SWALLOW THOSE BUTTERFLIES HON. RELAX TRY TO GET A GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP I KNOW IT WILL BE HARD TO DO THIS. TYLENOL PM AT 6 PM MIGHT HELP. GOOD LUCK HAPPY DAY TOMORROW I'M EXCITED FOR U. IN A COUPLE OF DAYS YOU WONT EVEN REMEMBER BEING SO NERVOUS.

• No one

Now you have goals for yourself and see your education for what it is, as a means to an end and not an end in itself. You are more mature as well and are ready to make your mark in whatever career you are preparing for. Be confident, study hard, and enjoy the successes!!!

Good luck!!

Are you going to elementary school or highschool?

study to avoid getting **** from the teachers

turn on your alarm and get ready to get up early!

dont try to fit in and dont exclude yourself. it is what it is and you will be accepted for who you are.