Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

steve irwin got what was coming to him?

if u play with fire long enough u get burnt same with idiot grizzly guy who got eaten if u r stupid enough to do these things then u will have to pay the price

Favorite Answer

While I don't like to talk ill of the dead, I don't see how people can say Steve Irwin is not like Timothy Treadwell.

Neither was educated or trained in a scientific way to do what they did. Both were overly fascinated with dangerous animals (I never saw any Crocodile Hunter's: Australia's Cutest and Cuddliest Animals). And both were criticized severely by naturalists and scientists for being too close to wild animals and placing their habitats in jeopardy. No I didn't want to see him die, but yes his lifestyle did put him at terrible risk. Its a problem when you look at wildlife as entertainment.

Yes what he did for a living was dangerous and risky, but so is being President. Does that mean that if the President gets assassinated, its his fault or he asked for it? He was filming a documentry off the coast of Australia. The stingray was down in the sand and Irwin did not see it or the barb when it swung up and stung him. It could've happend to anybody. And in any case, he's a person just like you and me. If you got stung by a stingray in a freak accident, would you want people saying, "wow, that person was stupid, and asked for it". Nope. The guy was just trying to make a living doing what he loved. He wasnt just some crazy guy on TV. Nature is his passion. He was an environmentalist and was trying to help some of these animals.

Mr Irwin worked in a hazardous occupation. While saying that "he got what was coming to him" makes it sound like he 'deserved it' somehow, well, none of us are qualified to judge that. However, if you do a dangerous job long enough, the chances that it will hurt or kill you are pretty good. He knew the risks, and he took them. Everyone that participates in dangerous jobs or passtimes knows and accepts this fact. Having witnessed others get badly hurt doing what they loved, I know that they wouldn't have had it any other way. It's far better to live for ten minutes on a mountaintop, than for a hundred years hiding beneath a rock.

First of all, there was a HUGE difference between the grizzly idiot and Steve Irwin, who was a scientist and a respected professional.

Second, you are a bitter, hateful and judgmental person, and I'm quite sure you will get exactly what's coming to you.

Okay, for one it's not good to wish bad things on people and two what does this have to do with singles and dating?

I agree with Patrick C. too. And I also agree that " you are a hateful person and you're going to get what's coming to you.

steve irvin was a great passionate man i am watching him right now on larry king live. it is sad for his family.

I agree w/Patrick C! and why is this posted in singles and dating????

It doesn't make his passing any less tragic. He died doing something he loved, however it is very sad for his wife and kids.

thats ****** wrong steve irwin was rasied to do what he did and he loved to do it..... and i think ur wong for posting this.