Bamos asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

Two things...?

You can bring two things on a desert island. One is a kind of food that you will eat for the rest of your life, the other is a book. (there is an unlimited supply of fresh water).

Favorite Answer

potatoes

How to book on how to survive on a desert island

For the food I'd pick dog food. As stupid as it sounds it's the ONLY food that has everything in it I would need to maintain all the different nutrients everyone needs. As for a book, I would pick the largest book I could find, so I could use pieces of it to quickly start a fire if I ever saw a ship or something I could get the attention of and I only had a breif minute to do so.

Soy beans and the Bible. The Bible would never get boring because each time you read it you are at a different time and age and are experiencing something different and have life experience so you understand it more! The soy is nutritious and can be made in many ways. I know I could find something else on the island to go wtih it to make plenty of different dishes so I wouldn't get bored of one food type.Best wishes!

Source(s): EDIT: I would probably bring Blue green algae or sunchlorella algae for my food since it is a super food and would take care of all of my nutritional needs. I could supplement the volume of food with what would be on the island.
  • Shadow

Fillet Mignon would be the food I'd bring because I can always catch lobster, fish, crab, clams, etc....The fruits and veggies can be gathered easily, so a complete meal could be created with relative ease.

As for which book I'd bring....that's a tough one. There are so many I'd like to have. However with only one choice....it would be a very large dictionary. I could continue learning & might even write a few books that would be best sellers once I got rescued.

(Though if I was in paradise, then I probably wouldn't want to be picked up & returned to civilization in any case.)

Potatoes, you can fix these so many different ways, The Box Car Children, this book maybe for children, but it gives different ideas on things you can do, when you not got much too work with. But can't we make a number 3rd thing? Need a partner of some kind.

I agree on the soybeans. If you bring dry ones, you can plant them, too, so you won't run out. The book? The Complete Works and Letters of Mark Twain...

I suppose you want to know what kind of food I'll take and what kind of book I'll read, if this is so, then I'll take a rich vegetable soup to prevent my cholesterol from rising as well as keeping me regular, and a volume with all the publications of Playboy magazine so that I don't lose my touch with nature.

Easy Peasy

Food - Soya beans

Book - a vegetarian cookbook.

There are so many ways to cook soya beans you shouldn't get too bored.

(probably poo a lot!)

Any kind of Tex Mex and the Bible.

The most nutritious food there is (I don't know what) and the bible (old testament only)