who is the best discount real estate broker?

They should offer a lot of the services of a full service broker:

Be able to post on the MLS, of course, but also represent me on the MLS listing. Be able to "show" a house to a prospective buyer and negotiate the sale.

What I'm looking for is someone who is as respectable looking and as knowledgeable as a full service broker but doesn't charge 2.5 to 3% commission on the selling side.

And wouldn't it be nice if they didn't have such cheezy names as "Help U Sell"?

I'm in the 94618 area code

• Skip
    Favorite Answer

You know I just answered a question last week about an agent that typed in the multiples that a house she was selling had a jacuzzi,when the buyers returned to look for the jacuzzi they were told by the owner that there was no jacuzzi. The buyers wanted relief for the mistake. Guess what the same real estate agents that want 6-8% commission wrote.

You should have seen the disclaimer about the multiple listing. The agent is not responsible for mistakes of the owner,nor can the real estate agent be respsonsible for the multiples that sometimes make mistakes.

Now you are saying that someone should be held responsible for anything that might go wrong, when you know darn well you will find a disclaimer or other legal methods to eliminate yourself from fault.

I find real estate agents to be 6 percenters and not really professional.

I just answered a question about another agent that is just a listing agent, she list a house for as long a listing as she can in hopes that another agent will find a buyer. I am willing to bet she has not sold listing in so long she could not even fill out the paper work. she has only had one or two open houses in 2 months

You should find a mortgage broker to assist you in selling your property, they will get a list of people seeking loans out of the deal, so in some cases they will help without charge. Most are frustrated real estate agents.

They further know all the legal forms and other professionals necessary to make this transaction a very good deal for all concerned.

I hope this has been of some use to you, good luck.

"FIGHT ON"

I have to totally agree with Karen. I've always been a firm believer in "You get what you pay for". Whether people like to believe it or not, Realtors work for and, for the most part, earn that 2.5-3% commission. If they screw something up they're liable. The less you pay the less liabilities the "discount brokers" are going to take. Personally, I choose the peace of mind that comes with knowing I have someone I can point the finger at if something goes wrong, and they'll have to make it right.

Source(s): Licensed Realtor in NM Exit Realty of Albuquerque www.ExitYourHome.com

You're kidding, right? You want full service but at a discount rate. Discount brokers do not provide full service at the discounted rate. You choose what services you want and pay for them as a package or individually. Full service equals full fee. You get what you pay for.

Source(s): Licensed REALTOR

dont know