Interracial relationships: do you think there's really a difference?

whether it is a white man/black woman or a black man/white woman? Do you think one is more "acceptable" than the other?

I'm really interested to know what you think.

Favorite Answer

This is a very interesting question. I'm a black woman who happens to prefer white men due to how well they treat me in past relationships. Not the kkk ones but the white men who I refer to as white chocolate who love to lick the sweat off of my deep dark chocolate skin

I personally don't care what people think because some people are gonna hate no matter what.

Yeah it does. I'm a black man, at a private school, so there were only a few black girls, and the ones that were there werent interested in me, cuz I don't like to get drunk, go figure. SO my first gf was white. The people in schoool were cool with it, but when we were out in public people gave us anywhere from a surprised look, toa look of disgust. I even beat some white guy up for calling my gf a (N word) lover, and trying to put his hands on her. So yes, it does make a difference. But so long as it doesnt make a differemce to the couple, life is sweet.

That's funny because I have the opposite opinion. I think that in this society, a white woman is "more powerful" than a black man, so if she's dating a black man I would think she's the "man" who's protecting him, makes more money, has more potential, while he's taking the female role in the relationship.

Same goes for Asian guys with white women. For them, it's almost lesbian, and it's so laughable because the Asian man wants to be macho, but he just can't be.

For the record I don't care who you date and would never say anything about it, let alone make it illegal or persecute anyone.

kind of. i think its more accepted when i black man is with a white woman than it is for a white man to be with a black woman. Honestly i dont know why because i love interacial couples regardless of the race or gender combination. Diversity is a beautiful thing.