How do i get rid of mould inside my washing machine?

I have some mould inside the rubber seal of my washing machine I have tried all sorts of cleaning products including bleach and nothing seemes to shift it. Apart from looking horrible it makes my washing smell a little musty can you help?

If buying a new one was an option i wouldn t post this question. Thanks to all the people who have given suggestions i will try them out.

Favorite Answer

two choices - buy a new seal or use abrasive kitchen cleaner like CIF or similar - it will shift it - then run the machine on a boil cycle

Mold needs moisture to grow. Controlling the moisture and drying the washing machine rubber after use will prevent the growth of mold. Since you already have mold it will be difficult to get rid of but you can prevent it from getting worst by drying it after each use .

First use clorox on a cloth to clean around the rubber seal. This will help a bit. Mold removal is a messy job so be on the safe side and always wear gloves or even a mask when using bleach.

Also, another alternative is to wash the machine with a 1/2 cup laundry detergent and 1/2 cup baking soda- put it on warm water wash on your machine's regular cycle. Add 1 cup white vinegar to the first rinse cycle. Dry afterwards. Also leave the door of the washing machine partly open after each wash.

Open the window after use as mold need moisture for growth- keep the area cool.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): rid mould washing machine: https://biturl.im/ka9Eo

Mold can cause skin rashes and allergies. 1. Identify the source. The main cause is usually use of a wrong type of detergent that creates too many suds. These suds collect in nooks and crannies and cause mold. 2. Use only an HE (high efficiency) detergent. The HE detergent creates a lot less sudsing and is designed for the modern front loader. 3. Clean. First wipe the inside of the washer, especially the area where the door seals to the inside. Mold can collect around the insides and folds of the rubber seals. Get in there and make sure you cleaned it all. You could use bleach or disinfectant. 4. Use a quarter cup of dishwasher detergent (powder is best, liquid if you must), along with a towel. Put the machine on the "sanitary" (hottest water) setting. Let it finish its cycle. This should get rid of the mold completely.

you could buy a new seal but i would try strong neat bleach on the seal but these black mould marks (and this is the corect spelling for mould not mold as stated by smiling blond)are usually permanant and pronlonged use od bleach on the rubber will rot the seal try using white vinigar and bicarbinate of soda. also to get rid of the odour in your washer use bicarbinate of soda and mix with lemon put it in a spray bottle and spray inside the drum to eliminate odours. run the washing machine on hot cycle with a good amount of washing soda in and biological wash powder may help with the stain and smell too. dry drying your seal and leaving the door open a little on your washer when you not using it , to prevent further staining and smell , if it the door seal they don,t cost a fortune and you could put it on your self

Buy a mold remover and put it on the seal. Leave it on over night and then run the machine on the boil wash with more mold remover.

Good luck

put some white vinegar in a spray bottle ,then spray it on the seal and leave overnight.the next day put the washer on a warm wash with a cup of bicarbonate of soda.this should do the trick.

Clorox Cleanup and rubbing it firmly with a toothbrush. Make sure you run a rinse cycle before using it to wash clothes again.

Source(s): Had similar things happen to me.

try washing soda throw whole bag full into machine and put on hottest wash i was told this cleans away scum and limescale buildup in machines good luck

Calgon

Remember: Washing machines live longer with calgon :)