i wish to convert a bedroom flloor which measures 10 feet 6 inches by 9 feet 6 inches into square meters?

i have a bedroom in which i intend to lay laminate flooring. The room measures 10 feet 6 inches by 9 feet 6 inches,what does this measure in square meters.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

......Use a metric tape measure, that way you will start getting used to the metric system. Then measure both sides and multiply one by the other, this will give you the square area.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Your floor is 11.08333333 square yards which is 9.2671075 square meters. Get 10 sq meters of laminate to be on the safe side.

• 1 decade ago

Multiply the length of the room by the width. In this case you need just over 9 metres so buy 10

• 4 years ago

im english and very good at maths so , yiou get the answer by multiplying the two units of size together , So: 15 X 12.5 = 187.5 Square feet , as 6 inches = 1/2 a foot. happy to help , good lick , : ) (not so good at typing though lol.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's a little over 9 square meters so you'll need at least 10 in case of any wastage in cutting.

3 meters is 9'10"

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

3 meters= 10ft take the 6 inches from the 10ft 6ins and add it to

9ft 6ins and you now have 10ft x 10ft or 3mtrs x 3 mtrs.

3 x 3= 9mtrs. you then add an extra meter for every 10 so in

your case you need 11 meters.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

By my math, it's about 9.27 m².

Remember to buy more, because typically laminate flooring is laid staggered, and you may run into a defect or two and you might make a mistake or two.…

Source(s): 10½ feet × 0.3048 m/ft = 3.2004 m 9½ feet × 0.3048 m/ft = 2.8956 m 3.2004 m × 2.8956 m ≅ 9.27 m²
  • 1 decade ago

Use the other side of the tape measure - it has metres on it... If you don't have a tape measure, I suggest you don't attempt the floor.

• Hy
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

If you have a calculator handy, (I haven't), divide 126 by 39.37, and divide 114 by 39.37, and multiply the answes together. That's the area in square metres.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

A metre is 3ft3", so you`re looking at 4 metres (11ft) x 3 metres (9ft9"), which is 12 square metres.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.