how do I get black ink from a biro out of coloured clothes?

I've bought stuff from shops but it never worked

Favorite Answer

Biro and lipstick are oil based stains and you need to remove the oil base and retain the colour in it. If you try and wash the garment you partly remove the base and leave the colour as a dye and it wont come out. Professional dry cleaners have such things as Bu tale Acetate which holds the ink and it can be cleaned out in the machine. All you can hope to do as an armature is to use something like lighter fuel a tissue underneath with a cotton wool pad and try to lift the stain. You will get rid of the oil but I expect you will leave some colour. You could then try and oxygen based stain remover to reduce the stain as much as possible

Source(s): 40 years in the business

Black Ink~

Sometimes depending on the fabric baby wipes work. failing that could you customise the clothes? Maybe with a flower or ribbon or something?

IF the clothes have been washed and dried,you might as well forget it

buy some new clothes

i have tried everything and it never works, i think its time to throw it out