Looking for "Old" Hmong music.?

I'm trying to make a cd for my g/f's father. Tradtional Hmong intrumentals, etc... He is in his late 70's I believe. Has been in the US since 1973 when shipped out of Northern Laos. I would love to be able to find the music he gre up listening to. I know he would love it.

Thanks Up Front for ya

Favorite Answer

Check this out, it's on CD. It's very good, with strong production standards. You may have to special order it, possibly Amazon.com would have it:

Moua, B.X. (1996). Boua Xou Moua. The Music of the Hmong People of Laos. (Music CD). Dallas, TX:

Documentary Arts Inc.

Also check out this link:

http://www.hmongstudies.com/HmongMusic.html

for other possibilities. That's cool that you're doing that for her Dad. The Hmong were a great aid to U-S pilots during the Vietnam War.

• mole

my city is full of the refugees and they provide music for many. we are having the hmong new year soon here is the information and they can tell you the nearest association that can help you. hope it helps and thats really nice that you are doing this for your girlfriend's dad!

LA Crosse Hmong Mutual Assist

(608) 781-5744

2613 George St

La Crosse, WI 54603

www.la-crosse.wi.us

i don't know but hope you find it. the best to you and your grand dad, blackmule

• lana

shut up and go find a new hobby enstead of online all your frigin' life old man

ure not even homong