La Murga de Panama?

I would like information on the song from Hector LaVoe and Willie Colon which is titled La Murga de Panama. I found online that "Murga is a form of popular musical theatre performed primarily in Montevideo, Uruguay during the Carnival season." I know they have carnivals in Panama but there is no mention of Panama in these articles. Are they taking of something similar?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

What people in Uruguay mean by murga is not the same of what people in Panama and Puerto Rico call murga. The murga is an orchestra that ensembles the use of trumpets, trombone, drums and other percussion instruments, for instance the Key or "calve".

The murgas gather around 15 to 20 musicians. They are typical to appear during Carnivals, where they play for 4 days in a row. In countries like Puerto Rico, it is also accustomed, that the murgas play in Christmas. One thing is that the murga can play without a stage. They move from one place to another. They are loud and fun.

• Thank you for such a great answer to all that ask this question .

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

La Murga Lyrics

• 3 years ago

La Murga Willie Colon

• 4 years ago

I love De La Hoya. He was a great fighter. I think the reasons people don't like him here, is because he beat down some of our heroes. And they didn't like him in Mexico because he "wasn't a real Mexican." But at the end of the day you can't look at his accomplishments and not be impressed.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

I had also asked the same question 2 times, and haven't got an answer

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Was wondering this too

• 4 years ago

Best song ever...

• 1 decade ago

www.williecolon.com/Press/hector_lavoe.htm

experts.about.com/e/h/h/Héctor_Lavoe.htm

www.last.fm/music/Willie+Col%C3%B3n+y+H%C3%A9ctor+Lavoe

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.