is it normal to get your period by the age of sixteen or higher?

what precentage of woman get their period at 16 or above

25 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I was sixteen, so thats about right.. sixteen or higher

• 1 decade ago

I was..13 or 14

• 1 decade ago

I know most girls start between 10 and 13. Some can be different. It all depends on family history and body type. Also stress and other things factor in. I started mine at 9 years old and my mother at 10. So it all depends on the person really and when they hit puberty.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Most girls get their periods earlier now because of the amount of hormones that are injected into meat products. The elevated hormone levels in most meat products tend to trigger a woman's period much earlier than what used to be the norm.

16 was not uncommon 50 years ago..

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

My Grandma was 12, my mom 11 and I was 10. I don't think too many women get it at 16 or above.

• 1 decade ago

If you have not yet had your period at 16, you need to see a doctor. Not that anything is necessarily wrong with you, but by that age with no period, you should see a gynecologist just to be sure.

• 1 decade ago

Although the age of first menses is becoming lower, it is normal for many girls to start at 16 or later. If you are concerned, you should see a doctor, preferably a gynecologist.

• 1 decade ago

I was 12 and my Daughter was 13

• 1 decade ago

if your damn near anrexic skinny (i was) then it's normal. I got my first period in school on my sixteen birthday. I thought that was the worst b-day present I ever got. I was so unprepared and in white jeans. needless to say I went home early.

Source(s): how embaressing
  • 1 decade ago

I'm not sure about percentages, but my oldest sister started her period at 12 and my other sister didn't start until she was 15. I started at 13. I guess everyone is different. Don't sweat over it.

• Ricky
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I was 11 and all the girls in my family had it by 13.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.