Big E asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

If I became President, tore up the constitution and established a fascist state, I'd say "love it or leave it"

And I guess I would be perfectly within my rights to do so. You just cannot argue with the "love it or leave it" point of view, can you?

Sure, you could say that there are safeguards in place to ensure that I didn't do it - the constitution and all - but all I'd have to say was "love it or leave it" and there wouldn't be a thing you could do about it, because that would be my mantra, and my mindless supporters would agree with me.

What do you reckon? Shall I go for it? I might even get myself a nice big crown and a throne while I'm at it. Love it or leave it, suckers!

You are right, speakeasy, I really hate that expression! It's an absolute negation of free speech and I hate people who use it.

Thanks to everyone who got the irony!

• ReeRee
    Favorite Answer

Wait, I know you! Lemme think... oh yeah. You're that beanie baby that the Supreme Court allowed to be president! Wow, imagine talking to Dubya on yahoo. Who'd a thunk it?

LOL! Just kiddin' ya, Big E. Nicely put. The ones who like to say love or leave it are the same ones who support The Patriot Act, the most despicable piece of trash ever.

I say go for it. I am imagining you being gunned down by the Secret Service, only for them to find out that you were just carrying a squirt gun after all. It would make a nice op-ed piece for Fox News, the rest of us could all have a good laugh, and your case might even get put in a sociology textbook somewhere.

That would be a winning formula!!

Fox News and Wall Street Journal would put you on the cover and endorse you. The right-wingers would parrot that and love you.

PS: Don't for get the obligatory lip service to Jesus

President of what? Doofus Anonymous? The Donkey Dick fan club? The Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders? The "I know my balls were here just a minute ago' club? You seem qualified for them all.

You're forgetting one thing. The ability of someone shoot an object with an 8mm rifle from a range of 300 yards.

Maybe that object would be you, maybe it wouldn't. Be careful what you wish for Adolph.

Bush beat you to it Great High Mucky Muck.

No, actually it would not be within your rights to do so. Because at that point, you would have no rights.

All you would have support you is force and violence and threats.

You sound like the present president. Is that you George?

Somehow, that phrase seems to have gotten you all bent outta shape. Maybe you don't love it?

If you did that...I wouldn't love it anymore...and I'd leave it.