I see a white light in the corner of my left eye....what could this be?

I just started to see this a couple of days ago...I am getting quite concerned about it.

Favorite Answer

There are many reasons you cuold be having this, from not too serious, to potentially complicated. You should give your family doctor a call, and let them instruct you what to do. If you do not have a regular family docotr, stop by an ER and get it checked out. By simply looking into your eyes well, they can determine alot and immediately rule out some of the more serious problems. I wouldnt delay getting it looked into- its always best to be safe than sorry when it comes to your eyes and your eyesight.

Go see your optometrist and not ur family doctor right away.. definitely sounds like a retinal problem which means you could lose site if you dont take care of the problem immediately...

Source(s): optometry student

It could be your table lamp ... Now, if you don't have a lamp at your left on your table, OR if that white light doesn't go away once you've turn the lamp off, then I strongly recommend you go see an ophthalmologist !

What jmiller said, SEE A DOC! Detached retina, nerve damage, ocular pressure too high, whatever this is it's not good. You really wanna try to navigate Y!A by voice?

sounds like cataracts. go to an optometrist (ask around to find out who's the best one in your area!) and ask about laser eye surgery. my mom and my aunt were both impressed with the results.

You should see an optometrist right away. This happened to me once, and I had a detached retina.

Good luck to you.

migraines. Not all migraines are accompanied by pain. One of the early symptons of migraines is a "lights" effect or a "haze" effect on the eyes.

Try asking your doctor. You will get a better answer than from here.

could be a tear in your retina. go see your eye doctor when you can.