Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

How do you feel about your Real Freedoms being taken away?

Freedom to speak about any subject, freedom to congregate without surveillance, freedom to use electronic communications.. All for supposed Terrorism. When are we going to wake up to what is actually happening?

Favorite Answer

The increase in intrusive surveillance methods, monitoring our use of electronic forms of communication (i.e. cell phone calls, email, and Internet search habits) all serve to give us a sense of distrust with our government. However, what is rarely discussed is how prevalent the association of dissent with lack of patriotism has become. From talk radio to popular “news” outlets like Fox News, the willingness to hold opposing views concerning the war and this administration are being criticized as acts that are the equivalent of sedition. You know our freedom is in peril when maintaining divergent opinions from the status quo becomes synonymous with being against this country. This vilification of protest is the first step by which the establishment tries to deprive us of other freedoms that are intrinsic to democracy.

Do you know whats going on ?

Jim W was right about Surveillance going on for a very long time .

Humanist I suggest you look what the feature set of a 5 ESS or DMS 100 these are 2 of the larger central office phone switches .

Once you've done that you'll notice that privacy on the phone never really existed .

• 43

Hey Humanist:

I know this is your question but you must have tapped into the people living on the North pole. Everyone is safe and no one is subject to Bushwellian controls.

Where I live on the Left coast The man is spying on you reading your Email and tapping you phone all the time.

Homeland security seized my my bank statement last month and then put a green sticker on it and sent it to me. The next time I went to the bank they told me someone from the Government wanted to know how much money I had.

Go big Red Go

Asafam. That's the funniest thing I have heard today.

We are being slowly imprisoned and enslaved under the pretext of 'for our own good', as has every dictatorship done to its people since the beginning of time. We are bred from birth through 'public education' (indoctrination) to be too stupid to recognize our own slavery. It is close to the day of revolution. I only hope it happens while I am young enough to enjoy it.

If congress actually declared war, rather than singing hymns on the capital steps on 9/11, these extraordinary reaches of the government would merely be temporary. But no! They are here to stay.

I don't talk to terrorists anyway ,so i do not believe that i have lost any freedoms.Whats your point?the F.B.I and or government has been wire tapping people ever since electronic communication has been around.

I thought this is what the liberals want. After all, my freedom to own a firearm has been under attack for years.

If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to worry about.

Patriot Act my ***!!The gvmt is closing in on our freedoms making it harder then ever to do the thing America was founded on...Freedom to choose...and really how much safer are we??

None of my freedoms have been taken away. Only terrorists are losing their freedoms.

My freedom has not been taken away, and i refuse to believe so!!