How does the Wicker Man end???

pleez tell me

Favorite Answer

***SPOILER ALERT***

(the main character looking for the missing girl falls into an intricate trap set by the pagans that kidnapped the girl and intended to sacrifice her - the main character is sacrificed in her stead inside of a giant wicker statue made to be lit on fire)

I do not know about the new version with Nicolas Cage but, in the original with Edward Woodward (The Equalizer), his character found out the girl was not missing at all and was used as a sacrafice. He was put into this tower made up of branches, sticks, twigs and hay, in some shape like a man, and placed up there and had the tower set on fire. The people then joined hands and circled the tower and was singing their song while he was singing a gospel hymn. Pretty freaky.

if I were you, I would rent the original The Wicker Man with Edward Woodward in it. It came out in the late 60's-early 70's. (I would say maybe, '68 or '69-even '70).

The older ones are the classic ones!

Some of us would like to watch it first without someone giving it away ahead of time.