makingthisup asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

How long does it take for a hysterectomy scar to go from red to that silvery color?

Just curious. I had surgery back on June 8th and the scar is still red. I'm not worried, just curious how long it takes for the red to go completely away.

Favorite Answer

14 years

just kidding - your body is still repairing itself from the trauma of surgery.

maybe six months, perhaps nine

Everyone heals differently. I scar quite easily and when I had my hysterectomy it took at least 6months for the red to go away. And another 6 months for the scar to smooth out. As long as there is no pain, swelling, itching or excessive redness it should be ok. IF it feels wrong see your doctor. Best of luck.

No, she said silvery, not pink. The correct answer would be years. Probably close to 5.

Mine took about a year and that was the second time they had to open my up with the same bikini cut!

approx. 6 mon- 1 yr

• ?

Put some vitamin E on it.... it will lighten quicker

• bjsuno

at least a year

xc