I'm getting my wisdom teeth out friday and what can i eat/drink and what can i not eat or drink?

Favorite Answer

Make sure that you have a lot of soft food that doesn't require any chewing. Yogurt and pudding are probably your best bets. If you have soup, make sure that it doesn't contain a lot of chunks, these may not seem like much, but any amount of chewing can be a little aggravating at first. Stay away from soda (the carbonation and acidity can be tough on tender spots). Try to keep all food and beverages at a fairly moderate temperature--too hot or cold can be painful.

Think positive. You hear a lot of horror stories, but most people don't have too much trouble. I got by on a few Advil and a lot of pudding. Good Luck!

Don't eat any solid foods. They'll get stuck in the holes where the stitches are and either pull them out too early or prolong the holes in your mouth. I learned from experience...they took forever to heal because I ate soft pieces of chicken 2 1/2 days after I had them surgically removed.

• ?

Usually your dentist will let you know before/after the surgery is complete. I remember when I had mine pulled a few years ago, I was pretty much on a diet of chocolate pudding, jello, and ramen noodles.

Not a very fun week in the food department.

stick with very very soft things! trust me my friends got hers out and craved solid food so she ate some, she def payed for that the next day when it hurt like a bugger. so stick with puddings soup yougart ice cream oatmeal anything that u dont have to chew. drink whatever u want. gargalling with salt water will help tho

I lived on pudding and jello after my wisdom teeth were taken out.

NEVER DRINK FROM A STRAW

SOUPS...DO NOT EAT ANY SOLIDS OR RICE

DON'T DRINK SODA...TRY TO DRINK JUICES OR KOOL AID

Source(s): PERSONAL EXPERIENCE

soup suck on the noodles ice cream

• Pops

Your dentist will tell you. If he doesn't, ask him. Pops

Source(s): Experience