My driver side window will not go up, but it will still go down. Whats wrong?? 1996 honda accord lx. Hel p!!?

Favorite Answer

Most likely the switch is bad. You could try pulling off the wire and using a jumper wire to get the window back up. You may also be able to spray contact cleaner into the switch and get it to work again, but the best thing is to replace the switch!!

Source(s): 26 years in the auto business

most likely you need a new window motor. The plastic bearings inside wear down after time. The way the motor works is, when you raise your motor the bearings spin around a central gear when your window is all the way up the bearing slip against the central gear, therefore the motor quits applying force to the window. So as you can imagine this slipping slowly grinds down the gear and eventually, as in your case the gear and bearings will not make contact.

It is probably the switch. If the motor was bad, it would not run at all. If you can identify the wires on the switch that are for the up & down sides, then you can swap them and push the switch for down and the window should come up. You are just sending the up signal to the motor through the down side of the switch.

Source(s): 22 years auto glass expereience

If I was you I'd go to a junk yard and get a motor and switch fron a wrecked car. It will be cheap and you'll get the real problem fixed,It could be either one of them. I bet a dealer will try to sell you the expencive part first.

If it is weak up or down it's a bad motor pw motor in that door. If it works only 1 way it's probally the switch

Source(s): tech

The motor is burnt out. I had the exact same problem 2 months ago. It cost me $185 for parts and labor.

You answered your own question.....it's a Honda....Just kidding,it's off of the inner window track. Pull the inside door panel and you'll see. It's easy to put back on.

Motors bad. Same thing happened 3 tmies in my Infiniti.

I have that problem with my rear windows. My mechanic said it is likely the motor for the windows, sounds very similar to mine so sadly, that may be it.

go to a mechanic before it goes all the way down while you play with it.. sheesh!!