Has anyone read Jefferson's Bible?

What was your take on it?

For those who have not read it, you can read it online.

http://www.angelfire.com/co/JeffersonBible/jeffint...

Favorite Answer

The guy wasn't the good Christian founding father that most right-wing nuts make him out to be. He was totally hypocrytical in deleting only the miracles in the Bible, in an effort to undermine the divinity of Christ so that he doesn't have to turn from his sin. Jefferson wanted to have his cake and eat it to in terms of having all the friendships and influnece associated with Christian organizations of the time, but just not yield to the one all-important truth in the Bible: the divinity of Jesus.

Am now no longer a christian, even if "even if" of a faith in Yeshua/Yezua. it really is the regular time I have got here across out of this "bible" and would seem into it. stated to be written through technique of Thomas Jefferson, who change into once pronounced to be an adulterous guy, it ought to ought to slot proper in with all that change into once written through technique of the adulterous King of the Jews. David. quite seen through technique of Jews and Christians, i do no longer see "why" the Jefferson bible would probable no longer promote alot of copies and finally end up conventional between christians. per chance Jefferson will finally end up a bedtime tale to childrens like David for at being the preferable "hero" that ever lived. variety of tells childrens, all you opt to do in life is be experienced to homicide and sleep round and also you'll also be a "hero..........."

I think Jefferson read it, but I haven't

Is that a new version of the original bible or just a new fiction novel?

All it is, is the bible without the miracles.

yes.. Not too bad

• NO BUT I WOULD LOVE TO I WILL HAVE TO LOOK FOR IT