Would You Choose Solid Wood or Laminate Pergo Floor?

Favorite Answer

Ah come on, no one who can afford a choice would prefer imitation to the real thing.

Solid wood because the Laminate floor is like a hard plastic. I don't like the sound it makes when you walk on it. It just feels cheap.

I chose solid wood over pergo when I had the floor redone in my dining room. I just like the look better - I think pergo looks somewhat plastic. But if it were a high traffic area, pergo might be the better choice.

Solid Wood.

Why would anyone not get the real thing? Pergo may look okay, but it sure doesn't sound like wood, and I doubt that it would help with the resale value of your home. Fake could never be as good as real.

• sglmom

For me -- solid wood over laminate any day -- with the wood, if I needed to -- I can refinish. The laminate does not have the depth to be able to do that over its lifetime.

Source(s): Personal Experience -- that is why I chose solid wood for the bedrooms.

Solid wood. Looks better, worth the price.

Solid wood. When I had laminate it didn't hold up as well as it should have, considering the price. Wood lasts & lasts & is more forgiving.

Depends upon where, the traffic it is expected to see, and of course how much money I have.

Diving room? Solid wood

Mud room? Pergo-ish...there are better choices for laminates

Solid wood is nicer looking, but laminate flooring is much harder to dent and scratch...so it's really a call between durability or looks..if you decide to go with solid wood..they sell repair and maintainence kits to keep it looking nice!

Solid wood - I go with natural every time - love the look, love the smell.