Would You Choose Solid Wood or Laminate Pergo Floor?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Ah come on, no one who can afford a choice would prefer imitation to the real thing.

• 1 decade ago

Solid wood because the Laminate floor is like a hard plastic. I don't like the sound it makes when you walk on it. It just feels cheap.

• 1 decade ago

I chose solid wood over pergo when I had the floor redone in my dining room. I just like the look better - I think pergo looks somewhat plastic. But if it were a high traffic area, pergo might be the better choice.

• 1 decade ago

Solid Wood.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Why would anyone not get the real thing? Pergo may look okay, but it sure doesn't sound like wood, and I doubt that it would help with the resale value of your home. Fake could never be as good as real.

• sglmom
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

For me -- solid wood over laminate any day -- with the wood, if I needed to -- I can refinish. The laminate does not have the depth to be able to do that over its lifetime.

Source(s): Personal Experience -- that is why I chose solid wood for the bedrooms.
  • 1 decade ago

Solid wood. Looks better, worth the price.

• 1 decade ago

Solid wood. When I had laminate it didn't hold up as well as it should have, considering the price. Wood lasts & lasts & is more forgiving.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Depends upon where, the traffic it is expected to see, and of course how much money I have.

Diving room? Solid wood

Mud room? Pergo-ish...there are better choices for laminates

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Solid wood is nicer looking, but laminate flooring is much harder to dent and scratch...so it's really a call between durability or looks..if you decide to go with solid wood..they sell repair and maintainence kits to keep it looking nice!

• 1 decade ago

Solid wood - I go with natural every time - love the look, love the smell.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.