How far back can one research their credit card transactions?

The reason for my question is linked to a recent discovery of a false credit card under my social security number. The ironic thing is the card was addressed to the house that I lived in before I joined the armed services. However during the timeframe in which the card was established and apparently used was while I was in Korea, which I have valid records showing that I was in Korea. To further prove my innocence on the card issue, I tried to search my own personal checking card and couldn't filter searches back that far. So is there a certain point that transactions are lost by the credit card companies? Can you ever go back for instance two years and retreive those transactions to see amounts and where the money was spent?

Favorite Answer

Sounds like you are trying to do this on your own, you definitely need to get the credit card fraud unit in on this one. They will be able to do more research on the charges (i.e., provider codes, etc) than you can. But don't know how far they can go back. I suspect it varies by the company. Good luck.

I was once told by someone I work with that it's possible to go back at least 2 years to research credit card transactions.

Source(s): My Own Experiences

How approximately doing the paper on credit Counseling centers and how they declare to assist human beings get out of debt yet in certainty, they upload negatively to a credit report. many human beings do no longer understand that when you flow to certainly one of those companies for help they're going to upload a be conscious on your credit report that proclaims something to the impact of "account controlled with the help of ABC credit Counselors" and this looks undesirable to many lenders... in basic terms approximately as undesirable as seeing a prior financial ruin on your account. i do no longer understand in case you will discover distinctive suggestions in this subject rely yet i think of you will coach the class something they likely are blind to. good success!