how can a person set up their own internet auction site?

I am interested in starting my own internet business with the option of other people selling their items on my site. Would I need to contact a web designer because I have a great idea but am clueless when it comes to computers!

you can, you need a good programmers to write the auction software at the back end, and to setup the servers, and to help you run it. at least 1 person to do the front end programming and design. and 1 person to do the quality control, customer service, and testing.

but if you don't have access to money, then i would look at some other business.

first of all, in basic terms while you at the instant are not familiar with it, Etsy could be the perfect outlet for merchandising your keychains, that's an eCommerce save specifically for crafty products. They safeguard all the money, ordering, etc. i might propose that in case you have an interest in merchandising the keychains, create a inventory of a few dozen of them on your spare time possibly in diverse shade mixtures, with diverse designs, etc. that would desire to offer you a cushion in case you got multiple orders or a huge order for some thing like a marriage, which contain what your buddy asked for. once you offered some keychains it would be undemanding to replenish your inventory on your loose time with out having to sacrifice it slow doing different issues to get an order out the door. you additionally can decide to confirm the Etsy boards, curiously like numerous individuals proportion ideas with one yet another there, perhaps you will stumble on a thread of somebody with a similar subject, or perhaps placed up your individual thread for suggestion on how human beings safeguard your subject. solid luck!

Of course you can!

However, who would trust your site without having an established name and reputation.