I'm going to PINE MOUNTAIN, GA and plan to visit the WILD ANIMAL SAFARI with my kids. I know that?

Callaway Gardens are near, but they don't seem too child oriented. My kids wouldn't like them anyway. What are some more things in Pine Mountain for my family to do?

Favorite Answer

Callaway Gardens has walking and hiking trails that everyone can enjoy. You can also rent bikes there or take your own.

Callaway Gardens has a fantastic Butterfly House that is a must see.

Callaway Gardens has a swimming lake and picnic areas.

You'd love Callaway.

• O'Shea

Well I was there about 9 years ago and I'd say take them to the butterfly exhibit that's near Callaway Gardens. It's very neat. Basically an indoor garden full of lots of butterflies. It only takes about 20 minutes.

Callaway Gardens was very scenic in general but if you go there don't stay at the resort on the property. The rooms are old and moldy. I think I sneezed non stop the whole time I was there.

Those animals will stick their heads inside open windows,and they will slop their tongues all over windows.I suggest you get a car-wash after.

FDR house and museum

http://gastateparks.org/info/fdr/