Is it illegal to dumpster dive in C.A.??????

One night we got bored and decided to get some free food. We were wondering if it was illegal to dumpster dive in the state of california.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

As soon as the thing hits the dumpster it belongs to waste company technically you are stealing garbage. And can be arrested for a misdemeanor. I used to like fruit to make wine out of.

Source(s): Bummer

My friend,Dennis and I,made some of the best vegetable soup ever from the throw aways,but that was 20 years ago and here in Hollywood,most dumpsters are locked down.Ask the store manager if there is anything they want to get rid of in excahange for you doing a little work,like sweeping up or helping them stock the shelves.If you are upfront about your needs,people will be more likely to want to lend you a hand.Good luck,and don't take any chances an animal products thrown out.

Get a Life!

• ?

why go into a dumpster for food.

i prefer to call it 'waste flow volume reduction'. if you take something out ,that's one less thing in landfill . i say go for it.

yup sure

Gross......