ziperca2000 asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

why wont my puppy sleep with me?

• CF_
    Favorite Answer

puppies are best off sleeping in crates.. they become their den, a safe place.. and its better for house training

I agree with senoritaboston - will you still want this dog in your bed when it is grown, and huge, and stinks, and ends up pushing you out of your bed? How will your partner feel about that?

Because you really need to be consistant with dogs. If you let him sleep in your bed now, he will fairly expect to be doing it all of his life, and you may find it hard to stop him from claiming your bed. Don't create problems, enough of those will appear naturally. Give it its own bed somewhere realistic, like in the hall or something. Don't let it sleep with you. And yes, hot water bottles wrapped up in an old towel, and a ticking clock under some blankets are excellent. A covered bed like a box is best so the dog can keep it warm with its own body heat. A teddy is a good idea at this age; dogs are better off if they have their own possessions, they are less likely to want yours then.

I don't know what kind of dog you have, but your puppy will be an adult dog before you know it. Do you really want your puppy to get into the habit of sleeping in your bed with you?

Hello,I try to let my puppy sleep next to me too but soemties he just gets hot if under the blankets or under your arms. I sleep on the couch most of the time so he takes one end I take the other. Try putting and old pillow or t shirt with your scent on a empty part of your bed. He will lay on it and doze off he may bite it a little bit so make sure its and OLD shirt or pillow!(e.t.c.)

• Chit P

I hope you just mean in the ZZZZzzzz way, lol. and honestly it depends on the dog. Dogs have a natural pack instinct and will always gravitate towards people, unless they've had a bad expereince. personally, i think it might be a good idea that your dog doesn't want to sleep with you. because once they start, they don't stop. If you have a crate trained dog, the pup will WANT to sleep in his crate. maybe he just doesn't find your bed comfy. or maybe your body temperature is too hot for him to handle

Because you are not warm and furry or have lactating nipples.If this is a new puppy taken away too soon,the last thing it wants is a smooth chilly (dogs run 101degreeswe are only98.6 so we seem chilly to them)thing to sleep with.Try putting a couple two liter pop bottles filled with warm water in bed with you too and a teddy bear or 2.Puppy will sleep with you then.Good luck!

Source(s): breeder for 30 yrs

i have a puppy and it likes to sleep outside or on the floor, my guess is they are still scared and maybe don't want to fall off your bed or something.

Because your puppy isn't into that type of thing. You are disgusting.

Because either he or she cannot get up on your bed or is afraid thatr she or he will fall off.Get him orher used to the bed.Get some "Doggey Steps" . They are carpet coveredsteps that you put up to furniture.

my dog doesn't like sleeping with me either. i think because we wanna hold him/her till we fall asleep and they dont like being still for too long. my dog moves all over my bed.