Would most people agree with this verse?

A good man never gets near a menstruating woman. (Ezekiel 18:5-6)

Favorite Answer

a cautious one at least.

Source(s): personal experience

You people who misquote the Bible and then look for a reaction ought to do a little more study. God forbade relations while a woman was menstruating. That is what it says, read the whole thing.

4 "Behold, all souls are Mine; the soul of the father as well as the soul of the son is Mine. The soul who sins will die. 5 "But if a man is righteous and practices justice and righteousness, 6 and does not eat at the mountain shrines or lift up his eyes to the idols of the house of Israel, or defile his neighbor's wife or approach a woman during her menstrual period-- 7 if a man does not oppress anyone, but restores to the debtor his pledge, does not commit robbery, but gives his bread to the hungry and covers the naked with clothing, 8 if he does not lend money on interest or take increase, if he keeps his hand from iniquity and executes true justice between man and man, 9 if he walks in My statutes and My ordinances so as to deal faithfully--he is righteous and will surely live," declares the Lord GOD.

A good man is understanding of a menstruating woman, In your next life you will be born a female so hope you find a good man. lol

Well, anything that bleeds for 7 days and doesn't die is always suspect. And the only way mu husband gets close to me during that time is with lots and lots of chocolate.

I've read the same verse and use it all the time to show how the Bible doesn't make sense. Did you get to the part that says they should be locked away from everyone else because they're considered evil? ...which has some truth to it actually.

I guess it'd depend on what you ment by "good." I certainly wouldn't, but that's just me. On the other hand, different women react differently to different men... so I guess it'd also depend on the woman too.

• SB

The things that that are in that "holy book". And then the Christians make fun of the Muslims and their beliefs -- very sad.

i don't think so because you dont' know every woman that you come in contact with in a day. Women still have to work, do chores, school and sports when they are. Can't stay home and hide.

it doesnt say "never get near" it says "do not lie with a woman on her period", by "lie" they mean sleep with, by sleep with I mean have sex with. so yes, I agree, dont have sex with a menstruating woman, and I think most people would tend to agree.

--edit--

my bad, kjv does say "get near", but apparently that still means f-u-see-kay

Source(s): www.biblegateway.com

Most men know when to stay away! But some just think that it is funny that we have to go through it.

no. what if the good man and the menstrating woman live together??