Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

Did he mistake me for someone else?

Everyday for months I sit in the break room at lunch. It's an open break room. I see a lot of the same people going by. This one guy I've seen before for months. Always has just passed by. I took notice of him because he's cute. But I don't make that obvious. After months of this. One day I was in the cafeteria I turned around, he was walking toward the cashier. He gave me a really big smile. Then when I was on line. He turned around and gave me another smile and just looked at me for a couple of seconds. Two days went by and I was sitting in my usual spot in the break room. As he was passing I could tell he saw me he turned and gave me a big smile. I smiled back with a big smile. But ever since then when he sees me he just looks at me for a couple of seconds with not smile. and then just walks on. It's not like he's just in a bad mood. This has happened like 3 times now. Why the change all of a sudden. Did he mistake me for someone else?

Favorite Answer

two things could of happened

1 he tried to get you to talk to him twice so he feels shot down

2 he did not like your teeth

I don't think he mistook you for someone else, but I think the indication was when you finally decided to smile back. When you smiled back, he probably thought "hmmm, i think she likes me" and this might have scared him off. Though, i'm really not sure why he would start smiling at you in the first place. Maybe he was just trying to be friendly, but got scared when you decided to smile back...so he decided to leave you alone. Maybe he picked up on the fact that you mistook his smiling to mean something else, so he just decided not to smile at you anymore. If I were you, i would just forget about him and go about my business. I wouldn't make it a bid deal unless he decided to speak to you or have conversations with you.

All this smiling and no hello? Why dont you speak to him and see what he does from there? If he says hello in a nice way then talk to him. If he doesnt speak back, dismiss him. How is he going to mistake you for someone else more than once? U wont know what the change is about if you dont speak to him.

Maybe he's a player or something...i think u should get to know him..talk to him...and see...n if u feel that it's not working just fu*k off..u'll lose nothing...

i thank what happed was at first he had i gril fread and thy broke up that is when he started to smile at you but then he got back with his gril frend and quit smiling at you i bet i wold smile at you

what are you like 2 years old?

maybe the next time you see him, say hi. the guy likes you.

maybe he was confused with his feelings or it might be that he's also confused with what you're showing him..

it's possible

try asking HIM, not us!!!