Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 1 decade ago

Why lower gas prices now , maybe , it's the elections ...? Somebody wants credit for it?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

of course it is but the talking heads are going on the talk shows tomorrow morning. The whole Gasoline thing is going to explode in the democrats faces if they do not watch out. This is only a fuel Holiday. Over 3.00 will be the normal for the next year. Expect Alaskan oil to be used in China soon. As this Iraq war is being financed by not paying the China trade deficit. Billions Of dollars owed and they are going to want money or Alaska oil fields! And why Mexico forfeited on billions and we did not take over PEMEX Predendi Fox I guess he is out some time soon?

Source(s): OiL wells suck oil!
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No one is claiming credit, but let's face it: high prices will reflect badly on the party in power, so if you want that party to stay in power you would soften the prices.

In the link below you can select the USA average prices for the past 3 years. Up till it looked like Bush was maybe going to lose (early October 2004) prices were flat to rising, then they took an October dip. Same thing is happening now. It's all bullsh!t manipulation of a sheep populace.

BTW - I am neither repub or dem. Way smarter than that.

http://www.sandiegogasprices.com/retail_price_char...

• 1 decade ago

"Miracles" always happen during the election season. It's because most people only remember the last thing that happened and politicians heavily rely upon that. Be prepared for a whole bunch of other events that will color people's perceptions. Who knows: the war in Iraq may suddenly end, just before November 7th!

But, things will revert right back to the way they were, by the 8th. And once again, Americans will forget . . .

• 1 decade ago

Lower gas prices are a gift from the oil companies to the Republican party. Don't worry, they will get it all back after the election one way or the other.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I just think that when gas prices are low, it's an indication that it will be higher in a few weeks. It's as if it's gaining impulse to jump higher!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

no it is and always is the supply and demand, summer over, less driving, Prices lower till winter when natural gas increases usage and over all prices go up again and again around Christmas

It happens every year in the same cycle.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think the "invisable hand" of gouging had to let go.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Uh, why ask why. They are cheaper isnt that what matters.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Who is claiming it?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.