what is used on top of restaurant tables?

at restaurants a kind of polyeurethane is used that makes the table glossy on the top, and looks like it is about a 1/4 inch thick.. what is this product called.. i have heard decloplauge or something like that.

6 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    It's called bar keep. most home improvement stores can order it and most Do It Best retailers keep it in stock.It's really a great product. I just covered my kitchen counter with pennies and filled the voids with dark mortar and used this product to seal it because of it's thickness and leveling properties. It also holds up against heat and water

  • 1 decade ago

    2-part clear epoxy resin. I used to do table tops and bar tops. Polyurethane works too, but is much more flamable when in liquid form and has A LOT more fumes.

  • aussie
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

    go to a hobby store such as michells and get Decupour it is a 2 part epoxy that you mix together then pour it on the table

  • --
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

    Probably, you mean fiberboard with laminate top.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

    Polyurethane. You can get it at Home depot.

  • 1 decade ago

    when i did counter tops i used acrylic polyurithane...real nice and shinning

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.