what is used on top of restaurant tables?

at restaurants a kind of polyeurethane is used that makes the table glossy on the top, and looks like it is about a 1/4 inch thick.. what is this product called.. i have heard decloplauge or something like that.

Favorite Answer

It's called bar keep. most home improvement stores can order it and most Do It Best retailers keep it in stock.It's really a great product. I just covered my kitchen counter with pennies and filled the voids with dark mortar and used this product to seal it because of it's thickness and leveling properties. It also holds up against heat and water

2-part clear epoxy resin. I used to do table tops and bar tops. Polyurethane works too, but is much more flamable when in liquid form and has A LOT more fumes.

• aussie

go to a hobby store such as michells and get Decupour it is a 2 part epoxy that you mix together then pour it on the table

• --

Probably, you mean fiberboard with laminate top.

Polyurethane. You can get it at Home depot.

when i did counter tops i used acrylic polyurithane...real nice and shinning