Isis
Isis asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & Body · 1 decade ago

Are we letting men set the breast agenda?

Whether it is breat enhancement or breast reduction: aren't we just reacting to the influence of men when we do either one? Who says what looks good, men or women?

Favorite Answer

I think that it is a result of our mothers. My mum raised me to believe in myself, to not be affected by what other people tell me, and to do whatever i need to do to make myself feel good. As a result, i generally feel good about the way I look, and I dont always do what people say I ought to in respect to my looks. If more girls were brought up to think of themselves separately from the way society thinks they should, then women would get these things done for their own benefit, not for that of the men in their lives.

Good question, btw, making me think about my answer=D

Who says what looks good? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. As to who is setting the agenda, are men FORCING women to change their breast size? People are free to make suggestions and equally free to follow, or not follow the suggestions of others. So if a man suggests to a woman that she change her breast size, and she agrees, that's between them. By the same token if a woman feels that by changing her breast size she will be more attractive, that's up to her. I'm not sure how it gets to be an "agenda."

For the record I am a guy who has never suggested cosmetic surgery of any kind to anyone.

• gin

I want a breast reduction for myself, not my husband. I want them looking like they did before I got pregnant. I was a 36c and went to a 42dd in two months and down to a 38d. I am ready to get my old breasts back. I hate how they look and feel now. I would never change myself for some man, only for myself.

• John34

The easy answer is yes! Until women control the world the answer will be yes! The financial world and the political world are controlled by men. Until this changes the answer will always be yes!

a good simple answer would be to see that women set what is attractive in men also: (well muscled body, confidence, square jaw, good in bed).

Men set what's attractive in women, and women set whats attractive in men. fair is fair.

Yes I agree. Women are too concerned with what men think of them. And Roxy dear, with your dumb blonde comment you are living proof that men are winning

I think that we are letting men influence us, and it is totally wrong, i am so against it. women these days are too preoccupied with being worried about what other men think about them!!! i think they are all acting like dumb blondes!!!!

yea were are beacuse we want they men to like us i think no one should do it though b/c theres 1% that you'll get side effects and that ppl sholud be happy with there self

Cool. Go for it.