Girls which do you prefer Pads or Tampons??

Im starting my period for the 3erd time now (early start. . . 12) and i have a heavy flow and i cant figure out which is better. . . HELP!!

Favorite Answer

Hey, I'm thirteen and got my period when I was 12 too. For the first few times I used pads because I was afraid of using tampons, and thats okay.

But after a while, I switched to tampons, and let me tell you: Its soooooo much better! Sure, it kind of hurts the first few times you use them, but you don't have the constant feeling of being wet and can also swim while you have your period.

If you want to stay with pads for a while, like I did, I suggest always with wings so the pad doesn't move around and you don't stain your panties. If you go for tampons, I suggest Pearl because they prevent leaks.

Good luck with your period, and do whatever you think is the most comfortable!

If you only use a pad, for a heavy flow you either have to wear a small one and change it constantly or wear a huge, diaper-like pad. If you use both tampons and pads, you can use a super tampon (which you can't feel anyway) and a smaller pad that you can wear all day since it's only there for the little bit that escapes the tampon. You may have to change your tampon quite often, but the biggest plus of a tampon is it's not half as messy as using just pads.

And in reference to the answer above me, you only get toxic shock if you wear them for more than eight hours at a time. And even then, probably only if you wear them for like a whole day or something. Just don't wear one for more than about four hours and you'll have no worries. Wear one in the morning before school, change at lunch, and then change after school. You'll be fine.

I use both tampons and pads, and the when I use them depends on the activity I am doing. If your flow is really heavy you may want to use both until you feel more comfortable with just using a tampon alone.

I like pads better because you don't have to worry about changing them so often so you don't get that toxic shock sydrome thing and tampons can leave cotton fibers inside you which can come out after your period. Pads feel kinda big and bulky but get Always with wings, I like those the best. Good luck

Heavy flow go with pads first, you can change to tampons later towards the end of your cycle when it's lighter if you prefer.

Pads

Considering you're 12, I'd prefer pads. I'm 19 years old & I have to use pads. Tampons arent that comfortable...and pads seem to keep you from ruining your clothes too. I feel more comfortable with pads myself,but thats just me.

SInce you are so young you might want to stay with the pads for a little while. However I prefer tampons.

The best for someone who has just started have thir monthly, i suggest pads. After you are comfortable with the changes of your body, then i would suggest Tamps. Only stick to one brand-its bad for you to keep changing brands-Kotex is best. I prefer Tampons, but i have had my period for years! it makes you more comfortable and feel better about yourself.

Good luck

I prefer Tampons