Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationHobbies & Crafts · 1 decade ago

Does anyone know any good books to read just for fun?

I love to read and now I just finished a book and I feel like I am being deprived of reading. Maybe I just need to get a life.

Favorite Answer

Harry Potter

Dark Tower series

Anita Blake series

Meridith Gentry series

Women of the Otherworld series

The Ember Series by Jean Deprau (spelling?) is good. If you want to read something funny (even though it's not a story) The Revenge of Anguished English by Richard Lederer is hilarious; it has clips from newspapers and ads where there was some grammatical or spelling error that make the sentence end up being really funny. It's a quick, funny read, so I would consider it being a "just for fun" book.

James Patterson

John Grisham

Iris Johannsen

Debbie Macomber

Mary Higgins Clark

Steven King

• laydlo

I agree try Harry Potter! And some other books I happened upon were: John Grisham's <u>Runaway Jury</u>, and most Mark Twain books. Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer were some of my faves! and The Great Brain. These are pretty old books I read, but I always loved reading them.

One great book I read for fun is "Stupid boys are good to relax with". I can't remember the author (I think it's Susan Swan), but it's a hilarious book!

I also read any of those harlequin-type mystery/murder/scray stories. They are small and take only an hour or so (for me that is).

I used to read any of the Fear Street books, any of the last vampire books (any by those authors too). Again, short novels and easy reading.

TDK

If you like Harry Potter, give King Fortis the Brave and Eragon a try. Both great books!

• ICG

Depends on your tastes.

I prefer stuff by Anne McCaffery, such as the DragonSinger, DragonRider, etc. ((Any book based on Pern, actually.)) And I LOVE her Crystal Singer series.

But, from reading her stuff, I found another series of hers (Planet Pirates series) with Sassinak, the Death of Sleep, etc. I REALLY liked those, and they introduced me to Elizabeth Moon.

I REALLY liked Elizabeth Moon's stuff!!! She has the Sheepfarmer's Daughter series, and most recently a series involving a woman called Vatta.

VERY GOOD WRITER!

Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella is a fun read.

The Harry Potter series is great fun. Also try the Pendragon series.

Read "The Other Bolyn Girl" by Phillipa Gregory and the read "The Queen's Fool" also by Gregory.