Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsSwimming & Diving · 1 decade ago

why do some schools not have pools?

• Steve
    Favorite Answer

My school doesn't have a pool, but we have a swim team that practices at another pool. It's a budget thing with a district. They can't afford to put a pool in every school, because the taxpayers aren't willing to pay for it.

My school doesn't have a pool.. in fact none of the schools around my area have a pool.. not many public schools at all have pools .. that's just the way it is.. I think it's a waste of money and completely unnecessary and my school as well as many any others probably share these same thoughts along with the fact that it is expensive and as it is have to budget.. the school's money can go to more practical things that could be used to better out education like newer textbooks or even a new wing attached to the school.. the last thing they need to go out and buy is a pool!!

Well All School Either Have A Gym Or A Pool And if There Really Rich Well... They Would Have Both

The state did not allow that into their fund and possibly because they ahve no use for a swim team because there are not enough pools in the area at other schools.

If there is no interest or neighboring schools then it is a pointless waist of miney, funds that need to go to educational things not pools!

After-all it is school not play time! You are there for an education for real life, not to swim and play around.

I've never seen a school with a pool. It would cost a lot of money. And I guess students wouldn't stop pushing each other in.

because they either dont have the money or they dont believe in kids should swim at school,or they just don think it is appropriate or however you spell it o and because the whole drowing situation...i just found out my cousins fiance's high school has one and they only got one for kids to loose wieght i know that is stoopid and i think they have to pass a state law for that or city law and if they cant they dont get a pool....because they might not have enough land and if they use the land that is not under the schools name they could get into sum serious trouble with the law

Once upon a time, no schools had pools. It's not a mandatory component of a good education.

• WC

I don't know of ANY schools with pools, other than universities.

pools take a lot of cash to build. our school just got a new one and i'm sure we'll be paying for it for a long time

Because pools cost money and not every school has money to burn.