What happens when you die in your dream?

Favorite Answer

The common belief is that you will actually die. This is very unlikely unless you have poor health such as a very weak heart. A lot of the myth is based on unexplained deaths of "healthy" people when medical science was unable to determine a cause of death in people that had died in their sleep.

Eventually the dream ends and you wake up. As for the belief that you wake up BEFORE you actually die, or actually physically die if you fail to, I am living proof that isn't true. Unless of course I'm a ghost and don't know it.

A dream is just a dream. You may wake up frightened or feeling strange, but you live through it.

I had once a dream, in which I died. I had car accident and rotated around and round me. Then, for a few seconds, was conscious to me, that I was dead. I felt a feeling of perfect harmony and perfect knowledge over everything and was unbelievable… freely! It was somehow beautiful!

Then I awaked and took this feeling of harmony and peace with me. It was unbelievably marvelous!

But I do not intend, to die therefore in former times. I know now only, that I must not have a fear,if it´s time for me -- and you also! ;-)

I believe, it was the most wunderful dream, which I ever had!!

Take it easy.

I have never died in my dreams. I've heard that the sub conscience mind has the will to live and will not

allow this. I've had the experience of running or falling ....etc

but I've always woke up before anything happened and

was never hurt physically. However; there have been many

times that I wished I had woke up before I experienced

the emotional hurt.

I believe that if you die in your dream you actually die . Because I have dreamed I have fallen of a cliff but before I hit the groud I wake up.FREEKY

Source(s): me and friends

dnt wry, its not like the matrix, u will wake up nd carry on wiv stuff. i die in my dream all the time, but if u make it a funny death then its jus kl. if ur worried bout if its an evil omen i wudnt stress it. we all gotta die sumtime so it shudnt b a big deal

it can mean that something bad will happen ...

or may be it was just a physcological effect on u ... some bad movie or any thing like that was in ur mind and thats y u saw such a dream

ok everyone is saying that you will wake up...this is true most of the times you will wake up but it is a split second before you accualy die...the folk lore is that if you die in your sleep you accualyl die in real life which is slightly true because your mind belives you are dead therefore your body belives it...but most of the time you will wake up from it

I generally wake up, albeit a little freaked out for a moment.

Either is something that happened to you in another life or symbolizes changes in your character, as if the old you dies and a new you comes out.