Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceSociology · 1 decade ago

Ladies?!?!?

How did you get asked to your prom?

I need some ideas cause there is this one girl I like a lot and I don't how to go about telling her and asking her to prom. I don't want things to be awkward between us cause we're in a lot of classes together.

Please help me. Thank You

Favorite Answer

Hi! First of all, relax and take a deep breath. You sound so nervous! She's a girl that you like, and you have every right to ask her out. Just ask her if she has a date for that evening, and if not, would she like to go with you. I didn't attend my prom, as my High School was messed up, and although I got asked by two guys, I refused both of them. Not because of them, but because I wasn't about to pay that much cash for a one night gig. It seemed senseless to me. However, that was me, and your "soon to be date" may really want to go to the prom. Just remember to relax and take a deep breath before you ask her, okay? Good Luck.

Lets see I went to 3 proms so My first it was just expected because he was my boyfriend and said he got our tickets so that was that on that one... Second one I never dated we where just friends and it was a week before the Prom he asked me in the lunch room I believe it was .. He just said " I know you have a boy friend but I really would like for you to go to prom with me " I said OK sure .. It was an unexpected thing but it was a nice time ... ( my boyfriend wasn't a senior , That is why I didn't go with him ) My Third one I asked the guy I wanted to go to the prom with at the beginning of the year and FORGOT I had asked him when it came around and had a boyfriend and he went with me and I dumped him after prom because I felt bad about forgetting about the other guy...Anyway... Don't know if it helps but this is what happened .. Oh asked the guy I forgot about like this... "Look since I wasn't here to go with you to your Prom last year ( hence me only going to 3 ) I would like it if you came back down and went with me to my Prom next year OK.. And he said Yes.. and then the weekend before prom he shows up and I was so excited to see him that Prom never came up for me to remember or him to remind me about it .. we just talked about his Collage stuff ... anyway .. that's That

Be classy. First off, find out if she's going with anyone else. If not then just ask her to go. But mind your words, but be casual. And for the love of everything do not at the last minute say "I mean go as friends." It ruins everything you're working for.

Isn't prom about nine months from now????

It is too early to worry about this, or to ask her. Try to ask her out or something for now, and see how things go from there.

you are just gonna have to approach her and strike up a conversation with her. like talk ABout the prom, ask her what she is going to wear and if sh e is gong to get her hair or nails done, something like that, and then as the conversation just flat out ask her if she would like to go with you, but make sure she isn't gonig with anyone first

i was dating someone at the time, so we were just each other's dates...

casually talk to her about prom, and ask her if she has a date... if she says no then say something like "me neither, we should go together", and judging by her reaction you can always pass it off as a joke...

Send her a an invitation through courier. Would cost about $10.00 bucks. Or send some flowers to her house with a card inviting her to the prom.

Go straight for it - don't beat around the bush. And be ultra casual about it, like it wouldn't bother you if she declined. The guy who asked me just said "Hey, I was just wondering, do you want to go to the boat trip with me?" (the name for our prom - I'm English).

Go for it!! Casual is key!

my best friend went up on the morning annoucements and said hey i really like you and i was just wondering if you'll go to prom with me.

Just go up and ask her. I haven't been asked yet and if it is me you better hurry I don't want to have to beat you up.