Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Atheists ! Do you feel pity for the believers?

Favorite Answer

Yea...there ignorance sometimes makes me angry though.

Yes. I feel sorry for them as they have been brainwashed to be too ignorant to see the truth. The truth is the most important thing we have as it leads to a better understanding it is sad that some people can't see the truth.

Say no to jesus

Look at the christian down there "I don't need pitty from anyone I have jesus" no but you feel compelled to put your pitty on your interlectual superiors and think that's OK and they will thank you for that don't you. Just shows the stupidity of some of these people.

I feel sorry for anyone who lives a life based on a delusion. On the other hand of course, their delusion often makes life less complicated for them, and decreases their general stress level, so in that way I envy them their fantasy. But would I ever trade places with one?? Never.

No, why would I? I don't care what they believe, and I don't try to convince people that I'm right and they are wrong.

I do feel pity for those who do not read the Bible and do not know what they are talking about in relation to their own religion.

• John S

Pity when it doesn't hurt anyone, but in the event of such religiously inspired horrors as the holocaust, I feel very angry that someone of the same species as me could be this evil and stupid.

Pity? No. They offend me. I am offended by stupidity, willful ignorance and self delusion... which pretty much sums up the Abrahamic death cults of desert monotheism (Judaism, Christianity, Islam). It offends me to know that three-quarters of the population of the USA are infected with some sort of insidious mental virus that leads them to the insane certainty that the myths, superstitions, fairy tales and fantastical delusions of a bunch of ignorant Bronze Age fishermen and wandering goat herders represent some kind of cosmic 'TRUTH' about fundamental aspects of existence and reality. It offends me that so many people dwell in a delusional reality consisting of an imaginary magical universe which contains a 6,000 year-old earth and heaven, a solid 'firmament' structure (the sky) separating the earth from heaven (terrarium earth), talking snakes (with legs) and donkeys, a shepherd staff that turns into an asp, demons chased out of people and into pigs, friendly spirits, evil spirits, walking on water, multiplying loaves and fishes, food falling from the sky, conception by a ghost, people raised from the dead, the sun stopping in its tracks, parting seas, people being bodily sucked up into heaven (which, by the way, lies on the 'other side' of the sky), world-wide flood that drowned the earth to a depth of 40 feet above the tallest mountain, creating people from a dust bunny and a rib, a magical tree of knowledge, god speaking from a burning bush... and ritual cannibalism, by eating god in the form of a cracker.

In a sane world, anybody running around spouting ANY of that crap, would be locked up in the State Farm for the Funny. Apparently, though, mass insanity seems to convey some sort of free pass for the loony.

It offends me that in our society, such irrational, deluded people as these are permitted to vote, procreate, and shape the minds trusting, vulnerable children.

*************

"When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called Religion." ~ Robert M. Pirsig

Yes. totally

no, why should i pity them? au contraire, i occasionally find myself envying them because it seems a lot easier for them to find solace sometimes, they just pray when i have to sit down and try to work through the **** intellectually.

nope... i respect their choices as i hope they would respect mine

if their church provides them with hope, love, a sense of community and whatever else they feel, how would that deserve pity?

I am a Christian and I do not need the pitty of anyone. I have Jesus and I'm in the best shape of my life. Praise the Lord!!

• .

It doesn't really bother me what other people believe in. They believe in God, I don't. What does bother me is when they try to force their beliefs on me.