why does the weather channel show all those colors in the sky?

i looked out the front door, i never see those colors. i use to see colors in high school, but that is another time

Favorite Answer

The colors denote varying degrees of the condition they are observing. In other words, the colors are added by a computer so you can tell just how bad it is, and where it is. So if you were studying a rainfall map, you would see extreme colors wherever the rain was heaviest. There is a little box on the map that shows you what each color means - for example, red is 10 inches of rain, orange is 7 to 8 inches, yellow is 5 to 6 inches, etc. That box is called the legend.

Sadly the '60s were not kind to the folks at the Weather Channel.

• JC

Okay, I've stopped laughing.....now for my 'serious' answer....

It is because they lie to us.

Over and over again....they lie to us.

They say its gonna rain...we don't get any.

They say it will be a clear day...it floods.

They put those colors on their maps to confuse us.

That way we forget about the fact that they never get it right....and they get to keep their jobs.....

This is the only answer I can come up with....in other words, I really don't know.

Once again, oh great question asker, you have stumped us all....*snicker*

I don't know how to answer this... how am I supposed to try to explain something to a person with absolutely no spatial orientation or imagination.

Awh... screw it... you're right... you must just be colorblind and not be able to see the green and yellow sky.

hahahahahah thats funny

yes weather channel is pretty dumb