Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

♥ Would it matter to you when voting for President if the Candidate was . . an Atheist ♥?

Favorite Answer

What's up with the hearts?

Wouldn't make a bit of difference one way or the other to me, but it certainly would to all the bible-beaters who would cry out the person isn't fit to lead a Christian nation. If this is an example of a Christian nation - a leader that believes in killing for the sake of spreading his own peculiar brand of democracy, who lets innocents suffer when he could have approved government funding for research, who doesn't do anything about those who have suffered because of a natural disaster - then I'm Donald Duck!! Let's face it, this nation may have been founded on Christian principles, but it isn't any more.

I vote for the best qualified candidate.. if that candidate was atheist then they'd get my vote.

I don't think it would be much worse than voting for a "Christian" who doesn't follow Christ's teaching:

to love God above ALL "things" and with ALL your being, and to love (have compassion AND forgiveness toward) your neighbour, even if he/she may be your enemy.

An "atheist" might qualify more for my vote than such a fake "Christian".

However, a true follower of Christ's message would be my preferred choice.

I'd make sure to vote for an atheist candidate!!! :)

I would LOVE for an atheist to run for President and have a real shot at getting elected.

Heck yeah it would matter, some churches vote for the republican candidate because he (should) believe in Christ

Unfortunately, Atheist are not allowed to hold public office in seven states. I would not let any qualified canidates beliefs or lack of them determine how I vote.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4fQA9mt-Mg

Youtube thumbnail

Blessings )O(

yes...it would make it more likely to vote fo him...thats the problem with the republican party, they are trying to run this country via the bible

It's high time we got someone in the white house who doesn't believe in an invisible man who lives in the sky!

Yes, because if an Athiest was president that would mean a Democrat was sitting in the Oval Office, and that is just wrong.