Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 1 decade ago

What is the current status of Rodney King of LA fame?

Favorite Answer

King has had problems--I agree! thanks for cameras if it had not been for cameras--- the world would not have known how cruel and corrupt the LA Police were....It is sad when people are beaten like Mr. king was beaten by so many police---police are suppose to protect us not beat you to the ground like he was baten---I do not care if you are black, white, blue or green---it was wrong. Let it happen to your family..I am sure we all have someone in our family who is a little less that perfect---

Alas, Rodney King appears to be a person of the past and not the present. I made several searches on the web and in the news but found nothing about his whereabouts. The only time he's mentioned is when he gets arrested.

Ever since his 15 minutes of fame ("Can we all get along"), Rodney has had a few scrapes with the law.

Not a model citizen by any standards.

Well, after driving drunk and leading police on a 100 MPH chase, not caring about the innocent lives he was endangering, then getting out of the car and fighting and resisting arrest, he was awarded a ton of money, and yet he still manages to break the law every chance he gets.

I guess it's true that you can take a man out of the ghetto, but you cannot always take the ghetto out of the man.

I might be wrong, I think he was arrested a few months ago for a drug thing. He may be in jail. For the umpteenth time. A super role model for the kids in south central LA.

• John16

Or how about Joe Donovan? He was the guy murdered by a very famous killer. How do you think forever young Joe is doing these days?

Dunno - though I imagine that by now he's run through the $3 million or so that the city had to pay him.

He never seemed like a particularly bad guy to me - I hope he's found a way to get his life in order.

right this minute he is smoking dope butt naked lol scared to look ou the window