What do you guys agree or disagree with my philosophy of life?

One must caution against too much optimism, which can lead to greater negativity when obstacles start to appear. I'm not saying that i'm always pessimistic but I always think of all the possibilities, including the bad. That way, if something doesn't turn out as planned, the impact is not as great.

• Paul H
    Favorite Answer

Sounds like you are a realistic person. Hope for the best, expect the worst and prepare for it. If the worst comes you are ready, and if it doesn't then life ain't so bad after all.

This is a good philosophy, but optimism is not about being disappointed when things don't go the way you want them to, it's about looking for the positive even/especially when things don't work out as you planned. Also, I agree with the person who said be careful you don't stop taking risks in case they don't work out - sometimes you just have to hold your breath and jump, even if you don't know what the outcome could be.

And if you never make plans, you'll never accomplish anything so not making plans in case they don't work out is kind of self-defeating.

Being truly optimistic actually requires a lot of self-discipline. If you don't believe me, try finding 3 positive things every day for a week. This doesn't mean you're not prepared for the worst, it just means you accept what life throws at you and find a good spin on it anyway.

I agree .... But I also choose to be positive about my life.I hope for a better life for everyone, peace love , all of that....

I am realistic , I see the pain .but the beginning of change comes within yourself..........

I am not gonna tell you what to think , because you're right on a lot of your points..But I have the power to choose my life,,maybe things are messed up at times....yeah.I feel it but I have to walk on .make it better for myself for me and the people around me...... I am not so optimistic that I am acting like a "CULTIE ' .

I just believe in the power to change things ,even if it's just a small change.......

I like your philosophy..but challenge yourself...see if you can cause a positive change in someones life....

Philosophically , if every thing is bad there can be NO good ....which means we'd be living a life much worse than we can imagine ?

what do you think about this ?

I agree. Its like my philosophy. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

nope..dont agree. Optimism is a way of life in spite of any obstacles, sucess or faliures

That's not called pessimism,it's called having an open mind.I have stopped being foolishly optimistic.I consider all the aspects.But we are not perfect inpite of all that.

it's always good to have a plan B in case things go haywire...but don't dwell on it...prepare for the worst, but expect the best

being not too optimistic is fine, as long as, obstacles or negative experiences, don't stop you from taking risks.

Interesting. I guess it's OK, as long as you are still willing to take risks even though you are aware of the possibility of failure.

Yep. My policy is "Moderation in all things", optimism included.