danu
danu asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

Whats a great book to relax with?Any theme, if you like scary or romantic.?

Favorite Answer

John Grisham's debut book 'A time to kill' is the best book of fiction I read... couldnt let go.. till i completed it.

a book to relax with? i love The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger - totally absorbing. Sit down with a bar of chocolate and a cup of tea. You'll still be there 3 hours later.

or if you want something a bit scary but still relaxing, then Thinner by Stephen King is creepy without making you look over your shoulder.

• Rose D

Relic by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child is a thriller I had a hard time putting down.

His Majesty's Dragon by Naomi Novik is an adventure with dragons that also kept me up late at night reading.

Anything by Alice Hoffman - she writes some extraordinary books about women and relationships. Her stories are slightly whimsical with just a touch of magic - Turtle Moon is one of the best!

I love Anne Macaffrey books, a world of fantasy away from here. Most especially the Dragon books, beats me how she can run so many links through her series.

The Pickwick Papers, by Dickens. Hours of delightful fun.

Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier

i really enjoy nicholas sparks! romantic with a twist. he wrote the notebook, a walk to remember, message in a bottle among other great books!

The Grapes of Wrath is my all time fav

I liked the books called "Trouble don't last" and " bud not buddy"