Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 1 decade ago

The Philippines was named after King Philip of Spain, how long did he live, and what did he die of?

Favorite Answer

Aside from the British and the perfet storm destroying the finest armada in the world. Philip was a spendthrift who blew much of spains wealth on costly palaces and trappings, The palace at El Escorial was the final straw and Spain never recovered the power they once had.

Philip II (Spanish: Felipe II de Habsburgo; Portuguese: Filipe I) (May 21, 1527 – September 13, 1598) was the first official King of Spain from 1556 until 1598, king of Naples and Sicily from 1554 until 1598, King of England (co-regent with Mary I) from 1554 to 1558, King of Portugal and the Algarves (as Philip I) from 1580 until 1598 and King of Chile from 1554 until 1556. He was born at Valladolid and was the only legitimate son of Holy Roman Emperor Charles V and Isabella, the daughter of king Manuel I of Portugal, to survive childhood.

He died in 1598. That was all I could find. Couldnt find how he died.

go to google.com, type in King Philip of Spain. Won't take any longer than it did to type that question. Or if you're lucky, some moron will do it for you....oops see above!

:)

King Phillip died from the clap. He contracted it in a whorehouse in Manilla. He was 49. Phillip was also reportly into little boys!!

1527 - 1598

i found no cause of death, so it must have been a natural one

Do you use Yahoo! Answers for all of your homework?