sum1 asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

can you drink alcohol while taking any of the following: penniclin, arnica, vicodin, or advil?

can you drink alcohol while taking any of the following: penniclin, arnica, vicodin, or advil? I just had my wisdom teeth removed a few day ago, and I wanted to know if would be able to drink for a party tonight. I am mainly only taking pennicilin and arnica right now so answer to these specification as well, if you can.

ok so maybe i should ask this question: Am i allowed to drink when taking isotretinoin (acutane, sotret, etc)? Because your are given a number of things to avoid when on this medicine, and alcohol is not one of them.

Best Answer

you can drink anytime

You should not be drinking as you have been given penicillin for an infection and you may make it worse instead of getting rid of it if you drink while using it. Of course alcohol makes pain killers and all opiates much stronger so that is not a good idea either.

• EW

For health reasons it's not a good idea to mix alcohol with prescription drugs. Usually there are warnings on the labels...I mean of the prescription.

Alcohol should not be mixed with no medication. You could get some bad reaction. That's why they label the medication with a warning.

• Alej

No!! Never drink alcohol with antibiotics! Penicillin is an antibiotic.

No.

Antibiotics are less effective if you drink.

Painkillers can kill you if you drink.

No prescription medication should be taken with alcohol.

• Ivan

I believe the answer is no, but look at the instructions on the medicine.

• nursej

hi i am a nurse you should not drink on these pills , particularly penicillin as it's a strong antibiotic

• HK3738

alcohol and vicodin, no no, do not drink alcohol while you take vicodin