How can I get a Nielsen ratings box?

Favorite Answer

Nielsen contacts you, not the other way around:

http://www.nielsenmedia.com/nc/portal/site/Public/...

I received a letter or post card from Nielsen TV Ratings. Is this legitimate?

We do send letters and post cards to potential participants. Both are from the President of Nielsen Media Research. We are also known as the Nielsen TV Ratings. Letters and post cards are mailed from our production facility in Dunedin, Florida, and are our way of introducing ourselves, in hopes that you will fill out the television diary soon to come.

I received a large envelope from Nielsen TV Ratings. Is this legitimate?

Yes, every year we mail over one million paper diaries to randomly selected sample households across the United States in both First Class and Priority Mail envelopes. Nielsen Media Research rigorously controls how the diaries are packaged and delivered to the U.S. Post Office for mailing. If you further questions about an envelope you received from us, please call toll free, 1-800-237-8611.

How do I become a member of the Nielsen TV sample?

Strictly through chance. We cannot ask every home to participate, so we carefully select a sample of homes in your community to represent the entire TV audience. To be statistically accurate it is essential that our samples be randomly selected. Every household in the United States has a chance of being selected, no matter where it is located.

Nielsen Box

• Nielsen Ratings should not be used by the networks to judge who is watching what on TV, Here is the reason and it's only one reason why Nielsen doesn't use or poll enough people, in order to have any type of accuracy they would need to poll 10 for every 100 and you would have to break it down by district. So if say you had LA county and just say there is 30 districts in LA county you would need to go to and use the population in each district, say district 1 has 30,000 people living in it you would need to poll 3,000 people in LA county district 1 and Nielsen Ratings would need to do this in every district in every county in every state in order to have accuracy in there ratings that they sell to the networks. I no for a fact Nielsen Ratings doesn't do this, they don't do anything close to this. The US has a population of almost 350 million and Nielsen Ratings only polls a couple million each year when in fact they need to be polling at least 35 million people every year.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

How can I get a Nielsen ratings box?

Source(s): nielsen ratings box: https://shortly.im/iwR4j
  • Petra

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/Kl9VF

My uncle has had one since the mid-90's.

They will contact you at random.