Doesn't it bother you to give your money to pastors?

I see these guys like Pat Robertson or TD Jakes having huge profits from their followers. Doesn't it bother you how these people live off your money? The car they drive, the clothes they wear, the private schools their kids go to, their home, all funded by YOU. Heck, I have even seen one of these... show more I see these guys like Pat Robertson or TD Jakes having huge profits from their followers. Doesn't it bother you how these people live off your money? The car they drive, the clothes they wear, the private schools their kids go to, their home, all funded by YOU. Heck, I have even seen one of these "pastor" dudes live in the same block as former president Bush in a 5 million dollar property. You'd think these guys are doing this preaching for god, but if that were true, they could hold a real job like the rest of us and put some chairs every sunday in their backyard and preach. If it gets too crowded, meet up at a park and have a picnic too. Why do they need these fancy places with flat screen tv's, powerpoint screens, colesiums, and all this other stuff in their church? Seems like a waste of money that could go to a hungry family or an orphan child.

Enough is enough. It is time to stop giving these opportunists your hard earned money.
Update: Yes, I know churches do good work as in give money to the poor or assist with your grops and what not, but that still doesn't take away how they are profiting from you and you could give that money to a non-profit foundation that won't spend it on fancy things and will get more done.
Update 2: replace "your grops" with youth groups. My keyboard is not working well.
Update 3: Even local churches have pastors who spend a lot of money on themselves. Try going to ask them about their finances and see how they feel about it. No, an analogy to your boss doesn't work. The pastors are supposed to be godly people that aren't working for a profit to give themselves all the luxuries... show more Even local churches have pastors who spend a lot of money on themselves. Try going to ask them about their finances and see how they feel about it.

No, an analogy to your boss doesn't work. The pastors are supposed to be godly people that aren't working for a profit to give themselves all the luxuries they have. I know people that work on non-profit and make about 30k a year, only enough to make it through because they want the funds to help the people not themselves. Being a pastor doesn't need to be their job but rather an activity they do because they want to spread the word.

You know, I should be a preacher. Working once or twice a week for 3 or 4 hours and having a load of people just hand me their cash doesn't sound too bad.