Why aren't there any Disney African American Princess's in the Princess Collation?

All the other races and ethnicity groups have an ideal doll for young girls to idolize ecept African American why is that so and do you think Disney will ever make a doll for African American girls that look like them.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • ok
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I agree. Princess Sharonda sounds great. Her prince can be named Tyrone or Darnell.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i understand what you mean.

When I was very little the nearest they came to showing an Africa based movie was the lion king, and I wondered why they never showed a Black princess before.

It has to do with the time many Disney movie princess's were created. Back in the days when segregation and racism was very rampant. The Disney princesses are considered to be the quintessential woman, she is always pretty, well rounded, delicate as a flower. Black women were not seen in this light, and there are still debate's over this today ( there seems to be this black/white female beauty thing going on).

that's pretty much why.

• 1 decade ago

That would require Disney to make a movie with an African-American princess character. Which I highly doubt will ever happen.

With the exception of Princess Jasmine, there are no other races or ethnicities except caucasian presented by Disney. And even Jasmine isn't a true representation of a woman from her area of the world.

I really wouldn't look to Disney for things to "idolize".

• 1 decade ago

Do you mean collection?

You have a good point. They don't not have Asian Princess, a South America Princess or a African American Princess. I think most "fairy tales" come from "white" stories, most of them have been around for many years. Maybe you should make a suggestion to Disney about your concerns.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

There are some companies who are already doing this - I think it's just a matter of time before Disney follows suit.

• 1 decade ago

I guess because there has been no Disney movie starring an African princess. If there has, please correct me.

• 1 decade ago

probably just haven't came up with an idea yet. they've already done...arabian, indian, native american, english, and probably a lot more i haven't thought of yet...

so it's probably just a process of time

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

they dont have plastic yet that stretches to make a big enough booty and if they did make one they would need more then just one ken cause homegirl princess has to have her babys daddys

• 1 decade ago

That is a very good question. Made you could contact Disney with that obersvation! Good Luck (if you do!)!

• 1 decade ago

I guess Jasmine is as close as they're going to get.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.